Question about Pi formula

Skyline69

Board Regular
I'm trying to build a lottery system and better understand Pi and it's relationship to whole numbers in general. I'm hoping to find someone on this forum who plays the lotto and/or understands what I'm asking. If so, For example, what does the pick 3 ( lottery) represent to you? A house, a dog, a machine, a shape like a circle or square, or etc..? And how would Pi function in that capacity. But first what is PI, and how would Pi affect the Pick 3 representation? How would they inter-relate. I'm trying to build a system and Thinking in this manner may help give me a better impression about which formula to use and how to tweak them, instead of just continually using formulas willy-nilly to see what hits. I'm Pondering why and how numbers would hit in 'this' formula as opposed to 'that' formula. Yes the formulas look different, but conceptually ponder for example, how that difference actually affects the number that's plugged into it. I don't need super-clear answers. What's important are the concepts that I and develop. All scientific and mathematical formulas began with concepts about the thing being studied. Treat the pick 3 the same. Treat it as if it were not random, but rather as if it is replete with pattern and has a definite shape. Thinking in some of the above ways helps to build a system that has deep substance, consistency, and accuracy, because it's based in your logical(or even slightly illogical) concepts.

Well, thanks for reading this and hopefully help me and you better understand our goals

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
No mathematical concept will have any affect on the outcome of lottery results. Lottery is strictly chance. There is no repeatable pattern, past results have no bearing on future results. The lottery represents to me a waste of money. You have more chance of dying in a car accident on your way to purchase the lottery ticket than you do of actually winning.

However, pi is the circumference of a circle divided by it's diameter. The function for this in Excel is =PI()

Upvote 0
I really have to say that I have no idea exactly what you are asking for, but asking about a shape makes me think that the three numbers could 'conceptually' be plotted as the points of a triangle and then a circle could be drawn that intersects those three points. I'm not sure what (if anything) that representation provides, but it seems like you are OK with slightly illogical concepts.

As far as treating random selection as a pattern, I suppose this could be true, however, the pattern would be infinitely complex and as such would not be considered 'mathematically' as a pattern.

It is an interesting, if somewhat strange, concept though.

Upvote 0
I really have to say that I have no idea exactly what you are asking for, but asking about a shape makes me think that the three numbers could 'conceptually' be plotted as the points of a triangle and then a circle could be drawn that intersects those three points. I'm not sure what (if anything) that representation provides, but it seems like you are OK with slightly illogical concepts.

As far as treating random selection as a pattern, I suppose this could be true, however, the pattern would be infinitely complex and as such would not be considered 'mathematically' as a pattern.

It is an interesting, if somewhat strange, concept though.

Biocide,

Thanks for the reply back and I appreciate your thoughts and I will ponder on that and do some research. I use Pi now in picking P3 numbers and do it quite well, winning at least 17/30 times which is great when playing .50. I know a few individuals that use it for P3 ands P4 and do really well. Our thoughts are not like others. Some feel you have a 1:10000 chance of winning. I feel you buy a ticket you have a 50/50% chance. I like my odds better lol. They sent me an email with some of the same questions to focus on. Again, thanks

Upvote 0
Skyline, two other choices are e, the base of natural logarithms, or tau, the golden mean. Both, like pi, are irrational, which seems attuned to your analysis.

Upvote 0
No mathematical concept will have any affect on the outcome of lottery results. Lottery is strictly chance. There is no repeatable pattern, past results have no bearing on future results. The lottery represents to me a waste of money. You have more chance of dying in a car accident on your way to purchase the lottery ticket than you do of actually winning.

However, pi is the circumference of a circle divided by it's diameter. The function for this in Excel is =PI()

Scott,
I hear this a lot and I did not come here to prove a point of who is right and who is wrong but I do need to share with you and others as long as you think that than you will always feel that way. I am here to tell you there is a pattern that can be captured and repeated. In 2014 I won $1.4 million and this year already $1.3 million playing jackpot games. I decided last month to "crack" the Pick 3 and 4 and guess what? I have written a system using "math" that is presently winning 17/30 games a month and a profit of $4000 so far. I came here to learn so I can write a better system and hopefully make some new friends during the process. I've told this story before. I met a MVP programmer on a Microsoft forum who felt the same way. After a few months we became better aquatinted so I started giving him some numbers to play in his state. That night he hit a straight on his pick 3 (a win of $500) and a box on his pick 4 (a win of $2700) that was with buying less than $20 tickets. I continue to give him numbers and he has retired with a cash tax free earnings of about $4000 - $5000 a year. I do wish you the best I have decided to show you a pic of one of my sheets for ball 4 on the Texas Two step that I use to determine what ball 4 will do next. This is one of many sheets I use for a determination. I have not lost any money since 2010 and always win some prize which is a lot more than I spend. I would normally not share this much input but IMHO there are so many people that are clueless with the Law of Attraction and the power we have as individuals. I coach people who say the Law of Attraction is bogus and you can not see it so its not real. My reply to them is neither is the law of gravity now go 30,000 ft in the sky and jump out of a plane....we all know what's going to happen there You can see the picture attached at the pattern that repeats, each cell is a ball movement either going Up or Down or Even or Odd. Note the 246 and 6622 in column V. I do not have to ask if you or anyone else sees a pattern

EO4_zps0gh6mnzo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0
Skyline, two other choices are e, the base of natural logarithms, or tau, the golden mean. Both, like pi, are irrational, which seems attuned to your analysis.

shg,

This is new to me so I will definitely investigate. It may be what I was looking for. Do you know if they hold any values like Pi would with 3.14........

Upvote 0
e = sum(n=0 to infinity 1/n!) ~ 2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699959574966967627724076630353

tau = (1+sqrt(5)) / 2 ~ 1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772030917980576286213544862270526046281890

Upvote 0
e = sum(n=0 to infinity 1/n!) ~ 2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699959574966967627724076630353

tau = (1+sqrt(5)) / 2 ~ 1.61803398874989484820458683436563811772030917980576286213544862270526046281890

thank you. I've been reading up on the golden rule and I'll pop these into my formulas and see what I get Presently I have 27 lines to play and 4/27 ALWAYS has the winning numbers but sometimes they have what is called the mirror number so I'm trying to manipulate them. You won't go forgotten shg

Mirrors

0=5
1=6
2=7
3=8
4=9

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back