MS-Word VBA: How to set SEP Date Control to blank

pg11rahul_m

Hi,

On my Word form I have a field where I'm allowing the user to select the date using SEP Date control.
Now whenever this document is opened the control displays Today's date.
How can I set that to blank?

I have tried by setting TodayString as " " but to no avail.
Could some one help me out here?

Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
What is a 'SEP Date control'? Word has its own DatePicker content control, for which the default display is 'Click here to enter a date'. The default can be changed to something else, if you prefer.

Upvote 0
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. "SEP Date Control" is one of the controls I found in the Insert->More Controls list. It's pretty similar to the Microsoft Date Picker Control but not very programmer friendly (See links below). The reason I could not use the Microsoft control is because its not listed in the More Controls list. I'll have to download an update from MS website but in a corporate setup its a pain trying to get necessary approvals from IT.

I still could not find a way to handle the SEP Date control - I couldn't set it to blank and even if the user has selected a date and then saves and closes the form, the next time when he/she opens it - current date is displayed. So I had to use a workaround by getting the user date inputs through comboboxes and building date checks in it.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/501926-date-picker-2010-a.html
Excel 2010 - Date Picker
Regards,
Rahul

Upvote 0
According the link you posted, the SEP date picker is a Symantec End Point control. It's not a Microsoft product. In any event, it now appears you're not working with a Word form but with a VBA userform in Word, which is an entirely different thing. Whether anything can be done to alter the SEP date picker's defaults depends on how that's been designed and I don't have one to test with.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back