Dynamic Student/Subject Graphs

Needhelpwith

Hi,
Lets assume we have a class of 10 students and we have six subjects with their respective marks to each student. Now I want to have a drop down selection for name and subject with their respective marks and graph each student and each subject wise. Please some one help me.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Re: Please help me in excel

The way I would do this is using data validation to create some lists in different columns. NOt quite sure what you mean for a graph of each student and each subject wise though? sorry. But for the list:
In any cell start with names:
name 1
name 2
name 3
and so on... and what I do is name it. so Highlight all your names and then right click to bring up the menu, select define name, Type in the name, like students and hit ok
Then where you want the drop down, select that cell and then on the data tab select data validation>data validation>in the allow drop down select list>in source: =students >hit ok and you have your drop down. same thing for the grades and you can put it in the cell next to the students name.
I hope this helps with the drop down at least

Upvote 0
Re: Please help me in excel

The way I would do this is using data validation to create some lists in different columns. NOt quite sure what you mean for a graph of each student and each subject wise though? sorry. But for the list:
In any cell start with names:
name 1
name 2
name 3
and so on... and what I do is name it. so Highlight all your names and then right click to bring up the menu, select define name, Type in the name, like students and hit ok
Then where you want the drop down, select that cell and then on the data tab select data validation>data validation>in the allow drop down select list>in source: =students >hit ok and you have your drop down. same thing for the grades and you can put it in the cell next to the students name.
I hope this helps with the drop down at least

I mean if I have selected the student name I should get the graph with the subject and marks and also if I select subject I should get graph with students name and marks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back