Highlight duplicate words.. ?? IN MICROSOFT WORD !!

Abhirockie

Board Regular
This is Related to WORD DOCUMENT ..

I have below WORD DOCUMENT. With repeated words OR duplicates. I want to find and Highlight repeated words with RED COLOR AT one time. Can I do that??

I want to highlight DOG with some color. Please help me how to do it??

Apple Ball Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam Cat Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Dog Egg Gun Fish Hat Ink Jam

Here are the exact detailed steps to follow (as per post #4), in Word:
1. From the Editing menu, select Replace
2. In the "Find what:" box, enter Dog
3. In the "Replace with:" box, enter ^&
4. Click the "More" button in the lower right corner of that box
5. Click the "Format" button in the lower right corner
6. Select the "Highlight" option
7. Click the "Replace All" button

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
None of your links show anything useful. Just a big DropBox logo, and some menu items.

Why don't you just tell us what the error says?

Upvote 0
Apologize, It says " ALL DONE 88 REPLACEMENTS MADE" But i don't see what does they changed .. And i don't see it highlight with yellow !

Upvote 0
Apologize, It says " ALL DONE 88 REPLACEMENTS MADE" But i don't see what does they changed .. And i don't see it highlight with yellow !

Make sure that the highlight color (under the Home tab in the Font group) is the color that you want. Then follow the directions.

Upvote 0
It says " ALL DONE 88 REPLACEMENTS MADE"
That is not an error, that is telling you it was successful. It found and replaced 88 instances.
If you are not seeing the color, see 63falcondude's comment. It sounds like you may need to choose a different color.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have selected Yellow in the Font Group. and then it says "all Done 88 replacements made" but i dont see anything highlighted.

Upvote 0
And you are sure that you did both steps 3 and 6, exactly as I explained, in my directions?
If it is working for three of us, and not you, and suggests that you are probably missing something.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Following Joe4's post# 21, using Word 2010, the solution worked as described- Highlighting all 88 instances of dog in my pre-selected highlight color.

igold

Upvote 0
Grattitude .. Apologize for the mess ..

thank you one and all .. Thank you .. Thank you..thank you .. Thank you..thank you .. Thank you..thank you .. Thank you..thank you .. Thank you..thank you .. Thank you..thank you .. Thank you.. !!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back