invitation to become a member of DRAFT

fairwinds and Oorang,

oh, my english is to bad for this :oops:
it needed two replies (fairwinds + oorang) for me to understand that my quote fairwinds used was not sounding how I meant it
I really respect the choice of people not to display their avatar: what I was trying to tell - hope this time it's better phrased - is that the people who prefer to stay anonimous don't express their reasons, but instead are kinda laughing at the concept (I don't feel respect when reading those replies)
isn't it a sign of our actual world that people seem to be embarassed with this kind of invitations ?
anyway perhaps I do not get the american humour yet
I think the idea in the original thread was to just issue an open invitation.
that's it !

respectfully,
Erik

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hang in there Erik - this is a noble cause! I also agree we should respect peoples wishes to remain anonymous.

So why did I change my avatar? Two reasons : I thought Erik had a good point and secondly, given I am on the other side of the world from 99% of the MrExcel members, I'm as good as anonymous anyway. That said, the likelihood of meeting fellow countrymen is pretty slim unless I purposely seek them out when travelling. And last time I checked, there weren't any stalkers on this forum.....:biggrin:

Andrew :cool:

Oorang,
Great post, security issues, malicious intent, fraud and just plane meanness are real things to be fearful about on the internet, so I too respect any level of participation from members and like you, I weighed the avatar issue before I chose to post a real image.

I had no noble purpose in mind when posting my avatar. Just thought it would help me pick up chicks. I don't understand why it isn't working?
:devilish:

Hmm, I feel the need to drag out a suitable photo - shame, 'cos I rather like the parsnip in my avatar...

rofl... Maybe you could have a picture of yourself WITH a parsnip :biggrin:

No parsnips to hand, unfortunately, and truly crappy picture quality too! But do I qualify for membership of DRAFT? :)

Richard

WOW, I scrolled up and down 20 times !!
only real avatars on this page
glad you joined us parsnip :) :coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back