Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

IPad3

This is a discussion on IPad3 within the Lounge v.2.0 forums, part of the The Lounge category; I do not own any apple either. However work is now supporting apple. I have thought about getting the new ...

Default Re: IPad3

I do not own any apple either. However work is now supporting apple. I have thought about getting the new IPad. Is it any better function-wise vs the 2? The display is nice but does it do more?

Quote Originally Posted by BenMiller View Post
    Whaaat? I haven't seen better than the iPhone 4S - look at Instagram.
    Oh dear, another 'brainwashed' fanboy!

The Galaxy S2 has a clearer, more scratch resistant screen and an 8 megapixel camera. It also has a faster processor, is more responsive, better to handle and is much cheaper. I fail to see why anyone would buy an iPhone!
    HTH, James

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Copsey View Post
    I do not own any apple either. However work is now supporting apple. I have thought about getting the new IPad. Is it any better function-wise vs the 2? The display is nice but does it do more?
    Apart from an old 2ng generation iPod, this is the first Apple product I've owned. I don't think there can be too many differences (display apart) as there are various threads on Apple Support forums asking how to tell the iPad2 and 3 apart (there's nothing obvious on the boxes for example)!
    For testing your Regular Expression patterns, try my Regular Expression Pattern Testing add-in!

For notes on how to use it - see here.

Board Regular
    The ONLY cool kid on the block

More scratch resistant? Yes. Clearer? No. The fact is that Apple recognized the fact that the user connects with the phone through the screen, and they made it as important to their engineers as, say, the processor. The result is a higher resolution than any other phone. And I'm not a "fanboy"! I just happen to own an iPhone :P
    "I'm not a perfectionist; I'm just perfect."

More scratch resistant? Yes. Clearer? No. The fact is that Apple recognized the fact that the user connects with the phone through the screen, and they made it as important to their engineers as, say, the processor. The result is a higher resolution than any other phone. And I'm not a "fanboy"! I just happen to own an iPhone :P
    *cough* I'll just leave this here: http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...articleContent

(One of many smartphone articles that have the same result).

From what I've seen, the "super AMOLED" screen on the S2 is clearer than the 4S screen.
    HTH, James

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Let's just agree they're both very nice (although the S2 is better )

Dom
    "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch..."

- Guidelines For Posting

- Mr Excel Articles and PodCasts

- Display sheet using HTML Maker or Excel Jeanie

- Something that makes me laugh

- Please try to remember to use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

Board Regular
    The ONLY cool kid on the block

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    And I quote, from the link you posted, "...we rate the camera on Apple's device that little bit higher..."

"I'm not a perfectionist; I'm just perfect."

And I quote, from the link you posted, "...we rate the camera on Apple's device that little bit higher..."

But you weren't arguing camera, you were arguing screen. On topic please.

To be fair others were arguing the camera wasn't very good (S2 is still better though )

Shiny new S3 coming out soon so will have to see what that has to offer.

Dom
    "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch..."

- Guidelines For Posting

- Mr Excel Articles and PodCasts

- Display sheet using HTML Maker or Excel Jeanie

- Something that makes me laugh

- Please try to remember to use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

MrExcel MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Domski View Post
    To be fair others were arguing the camera wasn't very good (S2 is still better though )
    Still, this thread is about iPad not iPhone, and only the iPhone 4s has a good camera anyway.
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Posting guidelines | Forum rules | FAQs | HTML Maker

Please use CODE tags when posting code. Either select the code and then press the # button or type them manually:
    [CODE] Your code goes here [/CODE]

Excel matters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others