What I would like to see in Excel 2016

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Find and Replace only in cell references.
Sometimes dragging a formula over just won't give you the cell references you need, and sometimes there's a mismatch of absolute and relative references in a formula.

I want to be able to update the reference to column C to column M without my COUNTIF turning to a MOUNTIF (queue the double-entendre).

I would like to see a change to AutoFilter. I would like to see the choices "(Select All)" and "(Blanks)" either

a) Fixed, readily accessible, in the top section like "Text Filters", "Filter by Color" etc, or

b) (2nd choice) Listed at both the top and bottom of the scroll section.

I hate scrolling all the way to the bottom to take the tick off blanks, only to find there are no blanks.
Similarly, if I'm at or near the bottom of the scroll section and decide I want to show all, I'd like to be able to do so without a lot of scrolling first.

Absolutely Peter! Although it may not seem a big deal, as soon as you have a large data set scrolling all the way to the bottom to tick blanks (after foregting to untick All at the top!) just uses lots of time when repeating this task all-day.

Cheers,
Darren

I would like to see a vba editor that alphabetizes the declarations. I sometimes have 100 declarations and I cannot find them in the vba locals windows because there are so many of them.

.FindAll in VBA that would return a collection you could either loop through or apply the same action to all at once.

Code:
Sub test()
Dim c As Range
Set c = Range("C:C").FindAll("findthis")
c.Copy Range("E:E")
End Sub

That would be awesome.

Last edited:
1. Make arrays first-class citizens. At the moment I can produce an array formula which creates and handles array values, I can type {1;...;5} into a formula or make it an assigned name, but I cannot simply store such an array in a cell in a way which makes it accessible later. This would tremendously increase the power of Excel, and it is almost there.

2. Improve the formula editor in Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, etc. The present one is ridiculous.

3. Introduce sorting, duplicate removal, filtering and Text-to-Columns as array formulas, very much like Google spreadsheet does to the first three.

4. Improve data tables to let them serve as User Defined Functions, without the need to use VBA. LibreOffice is presently better than Excel in this respect.

J.Ty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back