What I would like to see in Excel 2016

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Not ideal, but you could copy this into the immediate window

Code:
 for each sht in thisworkbook.Worksheets: sht.visible=true: next sht
Definitely not ideal. I only want to unhide 9 of the 15 hidden worksheets. ;)

Given that you can hide multiple sheets at once it does seem strange that you can't do the reverse.

I would like to see a change to AutoFilter. I would like to see the choices "(Select All)" and "(Blanks)" either

a) Fixed, readily accessible, in the top section like "Text Filters", "Filter by Color" etc, or

b) (2nd choice) Listed at both the top and bottom of the scroll section.

I hate scrolling all the way to the bottom to take the tick off blanks, only to find there are no blanks.
Similarly, if I'm at or near the bottom of the scroll section and decide I want to show all, I'd like to be able to do so without a lot of scrolling first.

locking VBA project yes, but i find that people manage to mashup my workbooks regardless of how well i've locked down the sheets and handled the errors...
Well, we really know that idiots will always beat idiot-proofing so you've asked for an impossibility. :biggrin:

You could make one in about 10 minutes... ;)
Yeh I suppose as part of an addin. And there are already so many addins that have similar functionality... I would prefer it to be native though. :)

I rarely have more than 5-10 sheets so the search won't be beneficial to me. Just thought it might be nifty for those that do have large numbers of sheets in their workbooks.

I would like to see a change to AutoFilter. I would like to see the choices "(Select All)" and "(Blanks)" either

a) Fixed, readily accessible, in the top section like "Text Filters", "Filter by Color" etc, or

b) (2nd choice) Listed at both the top and bottom of the scroll section.
I second that!

Last edited:
Turn off 'Show items deleted from the data source' in sliders by default. Stupid setting!

Dom

I would like the ability to do the following:

1. Group worksheets (multi-level grouping also).

2. Lock worksheet tabs so they are always on screen no matter how far you scroll accross the worksheet tabs.

3. Hide/Unhide multi sheets at once.

4. Lock/Unlock multi worksheets with a password all at the same time.

5. A forumla editor that works similar to code editors, hints (already does this) and also colours formulas. For example the forumla:

<span style="color:black;"> =SUM(IF<span style="color:green;">(</span><span style="color:blue;">A1</span>>100,<span style="color:blue;">A1</span>,SUM(A1+C1)<span style="color:green;">)+B1</span>)</span>

Would look like this:

<span style="color:blue;">=SUM(<span style="color:red;">IF(A1>100,A1,<span style="color:green;">SUM(A1+C1)</span>)</span><span style="color:blue;">+B1)</span></span>

It would make it a lot clearer to edit and troubleshoot complex formula. There would also have to be the option to switch between the colour views.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back