What's up with that other site?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
The VBAX site was down while they were switching to a new server the other day - I suspect it didn't go well.

Thanks Rory. It just seemed like the address/site had been hijacked by some ad agency. I'll wait and see what happens. Dave

Just has a dodgy start page at the moment you can still get to the excel page...

NdNoviceHlp see your pm

Thanks Mark. It seems that the repair is a work in progress. I will continue to wait. Dave

NdNovice - are you sure you aren't accessing a cached page? Either in your browser (CTRL+F5 might force a refresh) or at your isp (nothing you can do about that except wait for them)? The site appears to be up to me and has been for a couple of days.

Doesn't work for me.

I have an adblocker running so see very little at all on any of its pages other than a copyright notice and this boilerplate:
The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither the service provider nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).

*ugh* you're just trying to make me go there!

I'm running adblocker too and I can see the page. Earlier this week, it was a yellow generic ads page.. like when a website doesn't have page anymore. Not exactly the "buy this domain" - but close.

I've tried on different browsers and PCs.. comes up fine...
Tried it on my phone, too (using Data, not wifi, so different isp server) - site comes up proper.

I'm thinking your isps need to update their caches.. it happens.

Working fine for me - Chrome or IE

Thanks for all the replies... sorry for the pain Starl. I'm guessing this will sort it self out eventually. I can now randomly access the forum but have been unable to actually access any of the threads. It's not the end of the world. I only posted this thread to find out it the site was done for good. I guess I'll continue to occassionally squander some time looking at ads until things at VBAX return to normal. Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back