Thank you to Joe4! ;-)

pdebee

The purpose of this message is to record my deep appreciation of the helpful assistance extended to me by our Moderator, Joe4. :)

I recently posted my very first thread and noticed that the paragraph spacing in the top half on my text had been removed after I had pasted it into the 'Your Message' window. This presented the text as a wall of words and made it difficult to read.

[As I am writing this, I realise it may have something to do with whatever is currently causing me to have to type v e r y ... s l o w l y to make sure every letter ends up on the screen; is it the 'auto-saver', or the 'spell-checker', or even the 'session-terminator'?]

Although I did see the 'Edit' button after submitting my thread, I did not know that re-editing was limited to the 10mins following the thread's submission.

So, I sent an email to the Board [I could not find a 'Contact a Moderator' button] and within hours had received a reply from Joe, with helpful guidance and an offer to correct the text in my thread if I sent him the original text.

Thank you once again, Joe, for your patient and helpful assistance to this novice user. :)

With kind regards;
Patrick.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
[As I am writing this, I realise it may have something to do with whatever is currently causing me to have to type v e r y ... s l o w l y to make sure every letter ends up on the screen; is it the 'auto-saver', or the 'spell-checker', or even the 'session-terminator'?]
Two things to try... First, see if you can find your browser's compatibility settings and activate (I think it is called) compatibility mode for this website. Second, if that does not work, try clicking the first icon in the toolbar at the top of the Reply window (it is a little black "A" followed by a slash followed by a larger blue underlined "A"). The first method, if it works for you will remain set until you change it... unfortunately, the second method must be activated each time you reply (I could not find a way to make that option "stick").

Just saw this today...

Thanks fro the kind words, Patrick!

[Deleted earlier reply 'without quote'.]

Last edited:
Two things to try... First, see if you can find your browser's compatibility settings and activate (I think it is called) compatibility mode for this website. Second, if that does not work, try clicking the first icon in the toolbar at the top of the Reply window (it is a little black "A" followed by a slash followed by a larger blue underlined "A"). The first method, if it works for you will remain set until you change it... unfortunately, the second method must be activated each time you reply (I could not find a way to make that option "stick").

Dear Rick, :)

Thank you *so* much for your most helpful reply (once again! ;))

I found the 'Compatibility View settings' in the 'Tools' menu and, when I clicked on that, this website's url was offered for addition.

Since selecting it, as per your suggestion, the message window is much wider and I can also type at my normal speed without being affected in any way; what a relief!

So, thank you once again for being so prompt and effective in your advice, Rick; it's very much appreciated!

With kind regards for now;
Patrick.
[Wooops.... wanted to reply 'with quote' ... learning all the time! ;)]

Dear Rick, :)

Thank you *so* much for your most helpful reply (once again! ;))

I found the 'Compatibility View settings' in the 'Tools' menu and, when I clicked on that, this website's url was offered for addition.

Since selecting it, as per your suggestion, the message window is much wider and I can also type at my normal speed without being affected in any way; what a relief!

So, thank you once again for being so prompt and effective in your advice, Rick; it's very much appreciated!
You are quite welcome... I am glad it worked out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back