Super Bowl Squares Workbook

BiocideJ

As this seems to be a perennial favorite around most every office I have worked at, I recently created a 'relatively' simple Super Bowl Squares workbook that assigns the numeric values randomly and automatically using Excel formulas only (no VBA permissions required)

The workbook can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzmTIdrWe70rd1ZZNlZWeExYTWs/view?usp=sharing

You will notice when you change cells (or hit F9) that the numeric values on the top and left of the grid will change automatically. It is important to note that when people are placing their squares that all numbers will change. Once you are ready to 'lock-in' the values, simply print the workbook and that static printed copy will become the official number placements. (Saving and reopening the file will force the workbook to recalculate).

Currently, the workbook is protected with a blank password so if you want to change any of the locked cells you can simply unlock the spreadsheet and do so (or if you want to check out the formulas :wink:)

The 10x10 grid can be editted and people (or a single moderator) can add each person's initials.
The donation amounts and percentages can all be editted, however, the standard (from my experience is prefilled)

If your game does not donate a portion to a charity / office fund you can change the Proceeds to Charity line to 0% and all payouts will go to the participants.

This workbook is completely free to share and/or edit, however, if you make any substantative improvements to it, I ask that you post them back to this thread. I also ask that you do not redistribute unless you leave the BIOCIDEJ / MREXCELCOM portion in tact.

Thanks,

BTW, If you don't know what Super Bowl squares is...
https://www.superbowlsquares.org/how-to-play-football-squares.php

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back