Shared Mailbox User Guide

samibo

Hello

Friday afternoon here and I've just made the fatal error of opening an email that contains work! :eek:

Generic Shared Mailboxes - Outlook

I've got to come up with a set of rules/suggestions to put forward at our team meeting next week. Our team has expanded and there could now be up to 7 users working with the generic at any one time.

The usual things I can cover

1. Polite responses to our work – delete as they hold no value! [:ROFLMAO:]

1. Moving emails to the Correct Folders – general housekeeping/good practice. [is it? nah just dump everything in a 'Done' folder and use the (Ctrl+E) search.]

1. The ‘Search Inbox (Ctrl+E) function - searches the inbox along with all sub folders – so searching for a name/assignment/department is quick and effective.

1. Marking an email with a comment – I think it’s the case that not a lot of people know this can be done. Open e received email, put the cursor in the subject line and amend as required. Save and Close – the message then stays in the inbox and is marked with your comment. Enclose comments with a **makes it clear its my comment** use it to indicate instructions to others.

1. Using the Flags – Dealing & Done. With the volume of users dipping in and out it’s important to avoid duplication – upon opening email ensure it’s assigned with your own ‘Dealing Flag’.

If a dealing flag has been assigned and the email is a response for another team member then assign that team members dealing flag and mark the email as ‘Unread’?

So I thought If I post this on here over the weekend I may have some whitty responses that I can throw into the mix. And you never know someone may even have their own set of rules they direct at some mind numbing task such as this.

Or even some mischevious Macros to upset the applecart! C'mon hit me with some and I'll share the results!

Cheers folks. Have a great weekend!

Speak Monday :)

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Outlook VBA, delete the pre assigned priority flag

and use Outlooks Tasks ability to assign work to someone

Tasks is a good suggestion, I know some people use them and some dont. So I'll put that to the group.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back