Multiple detail section on an access report

This is a discussion on Multiple detail section on an access report within the Microsoft Access forums, part of the Question Forums category; Is is possible to have multiple detail sections in an access report. If so how can I do this. Thanks, ...

Default Multiple detail section on an access report

Is is possible to have multiple detail sections in an access report. If so how can I do this.

Thanks,

Alan

MrExcel MVP

Without knowing the exact structure of your data and knowing exactly what you are trying to do, it is hard to give a definitive answer. But, in most cases, one of these two options should work:

1. Group your data and set up separate Group Headers which will give you the effect of multiple Detail sections (for each Group)

2. Investigate setting up and using Subreports (See Access help for details)
    TIPS FOR FINDING EXCEL SOLUTIONS
    1. Use the built-in Help that comes with Excel/Access
    2. Use the Search functionality on this board
    3. A lot of VBA code can be acquired by using the Macro Recorder.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life!"

Default Re: Multiple detail section on an access report

Thank you I just googled a solution to this and found your thread! The grouping worked perfectly!

Default Re: Multiple detail section on an access report

I WISH Access could have multiple detail sections (as well as multiple of the same group headers, etc) like Crystal Reports can. But while it can do reporting it is not a dedicated reporting tool like Crystal Reports. So it has many features for doing reports but it doesn't give you a lot of ones that would make it even easier. If I could do Crystal Reports for all of my reports instead of Access reports, I would love it.
    Bob Larson
    Access MVP (2008-2010, 2011)
    Free Access Samples and Tutorials
    (includes Free Frontend Auto Update Enabling Tool).

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others