calculated field on a report

This is a discussion on calculated field on a report within the Microsoft Access forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hello, I have a report that is opens with via a filter form. User selects week date and unit. Report ...

Mi
    Board Regular

Default calculated field on a report

Hello,
    I have a report that is opens with via a filter form. User selects week date and unit. Report then shows the number of accounts. What I would like to do is have next to the account field the number of times that account has been on the listings. Listings are pulled weekly. Thus if on 10/17, acount "alpha" is on the list and it has been on the previous 5 weeks, to show 5 next to it in another field. This is the last step needed for this project to be completed. Any help would be appreciated.

Mi

Board Regular Gates Is Antichrist's Avatar

A report is not based on a form. Its record source is either a table or query; likewise a form relates to a table or query. I'm guessing that it's a query. So you want to modify that query to also grab a field with the number-of-times-on-listing value, which you should save in some distinct table.

Now as to the value, which is how many times an account has been on the listings, I don't think there's an easy solution. What comes to mind is to have Visual Basic code under a button, that increments the table keeping those account counts. It would run an update query. This would wrap around an aggregate (group by) subquery that produces a unique list of accounts.

Is this already too far over the top for you or do you want more details?
    Outlook 2007: Try to find undo and redo now in the menus and icons. I'm not kidding. Microsoft, you CLUELESS ***TARDS.

Mi
    Board Regular

I sort of having it working now. It totals the number times the account number is listed. that works but I want it to only count the number of times listed prior to a certain date ( the selected filtered date). Just need to figure that part out.

Mi

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others