Totals and Percentage Row In Crosstab Query

This is a discussion on Totals and Percentage Row In Crosstab Query within the Microsoft Access forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hi, I have a crosstab query that looks much like this: TYPE....JAN...FEB...MAR...APR...MAY...JUN... Valid....157...465...789...154...459...489... Inval.....15.....48.....48.....15.....46.....51.... Is it possible to have two ...

Default Totals and Percentage Row In Crosstab Query

Hi,

I have a crosstab query that looks much like this:

TYPE....JAN...FEB...MAR...APR...MAY...JUN...

Valid....157...465...789...154...459...489...
    Inval.....15.....48.....48.....15.....46.....51....

Is it possible to have two rows underneath, one, a totals row to show total records per month and another to show percentage of totals which are valid???

Thanks

MrExcel MVP

No. Crosstabs have only one data row. But you have 2 options:

1. If you have Access XP, look at building a pivot table (it's one of the form options). I'm pretty sure you can have more than one data field in that.

2. Build 2 crosstabs, one with the totals and one with the percentages. If the layout is the same you shoukd be able to use a Union query to combine them, and create a report from the query. In the report you can set up teh layout you're after.

There's another, Excel-based option:

3. Build a pivot table in Excel that points at the table / query in Access. You can lay that out as you want for this example. Either: (a) Data | Get External Data and build the query to return data to an Excel worksheet, then base the pivot table on that, or (b) Go Data | Pivot Table, and in the first screen opt to use an external data source. Go through the steps, and then build the pivot table as normal

Denis
    Self-preservation: For when you've got yourself in a jam
    ------------------------------------------------------
    My site contains a number of Excel and Access Resources

Thanks a lot.

I wasted all day yesterday messing around with crosstabs, and an access pivot table sorted me out in minutes today!

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others