Stand alone Access database

This is a discussion on Stand alone Access database within the Microsoft Access forums, part of the Question Forums category; Is there anyway to create a stand alone database from an Access Database? I've been reading a little about access ...

Board Regular

Default Stand alone Access database

Is there anyway to create a stand alone database from an Access Database? I've been reading a little about access Run-Time. Is this the only way. My database requires that the user Inports different files every time you use it, can this be done in Run-time.

What programs or languages are there that are good to create a stand alone program with a menu, import database option and can perform queries?

Board Regular

Default Re: Stand alone Access database

You need the Developer add-in (Free from MS) and the Run-Time app (Free from MS) Create an "Installer Package" using the Package Solutions including the Run-Time and your set.

I have never done it myself, but I have been reading up on the topic myself. If I am incorrect in anything I said, I hope that someone would correct me.

Have a great day.
    Pujo

Board Regular

I will do, I meant to try it out this weekend, but I was a little busy, I'll post again when I get on to it.
    Cheers

MrExcel MVP

Is there anyway to create a stand alone database from an Access Database?
    I was under the impression that Access is a stand alone database ... I've never used the free runtime version but I think I should play with it too. You also can run queries, etc. from Excel using simple tools such as the MSQuery GUI (not my favorite) or scripting queries with VBA.

Using: Office 2007/Win7 (work) Office 2010/Win7 (home)

You are rich in proportion to the number of things you can let alone.
    -- Henry David Thoreau

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others