Access: Help trying to create attendance form (Database attached)

LNG2013

Hello,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I am very new to access, with moderate experience with VBA in excel. In Access I am trying to create an Attendance database for a group I help out with. Below is a schematic of what I am trying to create, an attached is my rough outline of the Access database.
<o:p> </o:p>
Workflow:
1.) User opens DB, which opens formAttendance.
2.) A calendar is in the right corner and today's date is automatically selected.
3.) The user uses the combobox Team (cmbTeam) to filter the members in the bottom left datasheet (MembersSubform).
Notes: MembersSubform is cannot be edited or amended on this screen, it is only for reference.
4.) When the user finds the desired member who is absent they put a code letter in the same row of the parallel datasheet (formIncidents).
Notes1: formIncidents has 3 hidden columns AttendanceIncident - the unique occurrence of the incident, MemberID, the Member ID pulled from the corresponding row of the member in MembersSubform, and AttendanceDate, which is the date from the calendar.
Notes2: Currently the formIncidents datasheet only shows one line but I am hoping to have it show 1 line for each individual that is present in the MembersSubform. It will also need to recall previous entries, so if I enter an abscent into formIncidents for someone from team 1, and then I go and select team 2, and then come back to team 1 it will still show the entry for that staff, which can be edited or overwritten. The same will need to be down with dates, if I were to choose a different date.
Where I need help now: How do I make the formIncident show the same number of rows as MembersSubform when it updates? Also how can I make those rows tied together, so when there is a change in team the same data is recalled?

Link to Database: http://db.tt/blJUV0XI

L.png

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back