Basic functions working on one computer and not another

This is a discussion on Basic functions working on one computer and not another within the Microsoft Access forums, part of the Question Forums category; I have created a database that works fine on my computer, but if it is opened on the computer of ...

Default Basic functions working on one computer and not another

I have created a database that works fine on my computer, but if it is opened on the computer of the person who has use it, things like Date() don’t work.

I am creating the database from scratch, because a new person has taken over, and does things totally different (it doesn’t matter to him what is the best way to do it, only that the database is created his way! ) enough on my issues… If I make this new database and save it as an MDE file, will “Date()” work?

Why is it that “Date()” will work on my computer and not on his?
    "A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: "Duh."
    --Conan O'Brien

dk
    MrExcel MVP

Default Re: Basic functions working on one computer and not another

On your mates computer go into the VB Editor and click Tools, References. Are there any that say : MISSING ? If so, uncheck them but make a note of what they are. Click OK and then see if the database now works properly. Does it?

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others