subform based on 1 table?

This is a discussion on subform based on 1 table? within the Microsoft Access forums, part of the Question Forums category; How do I use a combo box to pull up information for a customer in a subform? All of the ...

Board Regular

Default subform based on 1 table?

How do I use a combo box to pull up information for a customer in a subform? All of the information is in one table opposed to two or more. Usually, when you create a subform you have to link the child and master fields. I just want the user to be able to scroll through all of their information in a spreadsheet type form but all the data is contained in one table. Can I do this?

Board Regular

Default Re: subform based on 1 table?

If you only have 1 table in the database, then you don't need a subform. Just pick the fields you need to view for the form. Kinda like choosing which fields you need for a query. Or you can create a form of a query.

Parra

Board Regular

I have about 5 feilds but there is a lot of data and that's why I want some sort of spreadsheet view to scroll through all the data.

Example:
    customer Auto Inc is my combo box selection

item store units
    100 16 11
    100 26 10

There could be 100 plus entires the what I have above. I need something user friendly on the form.

MrExcel MVP

You can set up a form to display in Datasheet View. You can move certain fields up to the Report or Page headers if you don't want them repeated.

Also, be sure that your tables are normalized. You may need to split up your table into multiple tables. If your table is not set-up in at least Second Normal form, you will find that projects like these may be problematic.
    TIPS FOR FINDING EXCEL SOLUTIONS
    1. Use the built-in Help that comes with Excel/Access
    2. Use the Search functionality on this board
    3. A lot of VBA code can be acquired by using the Macro Recorder.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life!"

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others