subform based on 1 table?

afs24

Board Regular
How do I use a combo box to pull up information for a customer in a subform? All of the information is in one table opposed to two or more. Usually, when you create a subform you have to link the child and master fields. I just want the user to be able to scroll through all of their information in a spreadsheet type form but all the data is contained in one table. Can I do this?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
If you only have 1 table in the database, then you don't need a subform. Just pick the fields you need to view for the form. Kinda like choosing which fields you need for a query. Or you can create a form of a query.

Parra

Upvote 0
I have about 5 feilds but there is a lot of data and that's why I want some sort of spreadsheet view to scroll through all the data.

Example:
customer Auto Inc is my combo box selection

item store units
100 16 11
100 26 10

There could be 100 plus entires the what I have above. I need something user friendly on the form.

Upvote 0
You can set up a form to display in Datasheet View. You can move certain fields up to the Report or Page headers if you don't want them repeated.

Also, be sure that your tables are normalized. You may need to split up your table into multiple tables. If your table is not set-up in at least Second Normal form, you will find that projects like these may be problematic.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back