goto new record

Magna

hello all, and please help, I have an access program that I am trying to move some data from one form (table) to anther form (table) and both forms are open and I would like to have the VBA code look at the form in the back ground and have it go to a new record. this is what I am trying to use right now but with no luck : DoCmd.GoToRecord , Forms!Product_Usage_Input,acNewRec can any one please tell me what I am doing wrong? thanks for looking

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Are you copying the whole record, or just some fields?
Is it creating a new record on the other end, or updating it?

I prefer to work on the data rather than the form when you are running automatic updates, so I would have an Append or Update query do the work for me.

However, I have a design question: Why do you want to copy the data across? And what happens when the original data changes?

Denis

Upvote 0
The 1st table is info about a product and the 2nd table is the order info. I wanted to pull some info like part number min & max, and qty on hand, and then I add other info like order amount and date. is there better ways to do it , I am sure there is I just am self trained with access and I sometimes struggle building the tables the way they should be but I always make them work. I did get the program to do what I wanted it to do I just wrote little macros and then pulled them with the macro builder and RunCode that way I could use the GoToRecord to make the form I wanted go to the new record. thanks for looking and the help Brian

Upvote 0
There are a few ways to do this but the most convenient is to use a combo box to pull that information in.
There's a fair bit of detail required but one of the best resources is the old version of the Northwind database (2003 and before). If you go to Downloads and download Modified Northwind 2002.mdb, take a look at the order form. In the original NW it was just called Orders, in the modified I think it's frmOrders.

It might take a while to get your head around it, but the effort is worthwhile and you will be able to get the interface working for you, not against you.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back