Paste data into form table then update

Jaye7

Hi All,

I am new to Access so please be gentle,

I have a form which I want to be able to paste data in from another Access database.
I do not have any permissions on the other database so I have to copy the table data out.

What I want to do is to paste the data into a Form named Job Review, once I paste the data it will then lookup data in another table (Table2) (3 columns total) and then fill the 3 Columns on the Form database with the found data, basically a for loop.
Columns 20+21+22 are the 3 columns that will have the found lookup qtys.

I use a for loop in excel and it achieves this, however my boss wants the data in an Access database so any worker can then use it, but not in our work database.

I tried making two tables and a query and creating a relationship, but as the primary key data is located in column 15 not column 1 (it is not selected as primary key as new records get pasted) it keeps giving me the null error, yet if I remove the primary key from the second table then I can no longer paste into my form table, I tried loading my data into the form with the actual part number column in column one and it works, but not if it is in column 15.

Basically each time I paste the data into the form it is completely new data that needs to then lookup data in other columns of a table which does get updated by the form if I change any data in the 3 columns.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Instead of pasting, just run an append query (or update). The query would pull the data from the source (using whatever criteria) and 'paste' into the target table.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a form which I want to be able to paste data in from another Access database.
I do not have any permissions on the other database so I have to copy the table data out.

Thanks for your reply, however, as stated in my question I have no access to run query's etc... on the work database, only access to view data, therefore I am trying to copy the data out of a table and then paste it into my own database and then requery.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back