Conditional Formatting based on a Count

blongmire

Hi All,

I have a sub-form where I'd like to set conditional formatting based on how many times that records ID shows up in a separate table. I'm running into a problem as the conditional formatting only wants to look at the first record in the table, and I'm displaying multiple records in my sub-form.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Gang,

I was able to solve this on my own. I'm not sure if this is the best solution, but it is working smoothly.

I created a query to count the value for all records. Then, I created another table to house the results of that query (as when I tried to include the summary count results on my form it made the record set not updatable). Finally, I created queries to upend the query results onto the new table and then update the counted value back to my original table (once that process was complete I delete the appended results from the new table). I was then able to pull that value onto my form for conditional formatting purposes.

All in all it works great, but probably isn't the best practice. If anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Bob

I

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back