Automatically Send Access Report by Email Once a Week

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
What's the easiest way I can have my Access report sent via Outlook every Friday to a person automatically without having to open the database and clicking anything? I would like the report to be either in PDF or Excel (I haven't decided on this yet).

I see that Access 2010 has a macro (EmailDatabaseObject) built in to send the reports but does not have a selection for what day of the week to send the email attachment and I believe this has to be manually runned and the report will be emailed at the instance you run the macro and not on a scheduled day of the week.

....thinking a batch or vbs file to call the macro I need to build and run it with the Windows Task Schedular.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I created a macro to send the Access report in Excel format, as mentioned above. I created a batch file (.bat extension), see below, to run my Access macro, but when I double clicked the batch script Outlook prompts a Security Warning each time. Anyway to bypass this?

Code:
"C:\Users\john.doe\Desktop\MyDB.accdb" /x "ExpiringCertifications"

In order for me to successfully schedule this task in Windows Task Schedular I need the Outlook security warning not to display.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok - I am making progress. It wasn't the Outlook security it was the Access macro security warning dialog that was actually prompting which I disabled (via Option >Trust Center >Trust Center Settings >Macro Settings > Enable all macros). The only issue after the batch file finishes running Outlook opens a new email with my Access report attached and the name of the person it's supposed to be sent to. I have to manually click Send. How can I have it sent without manually clicking the Send button?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's the easiest way I can have my Access report sent via Outlook every Friday to a person automatically without having to open the database and clicking anything? I would like the report to be either in PDF or Excel (I haven't decided on this yet)."

If you are open to a commercial solution, our Total Access Emailer add-in program lets you send personalized emails to everyone in your list and attach reports as PDF files. You can't attach a report as an Excel file, but there's an option to attach a table/query as an Excel file. The reports/data can be filtered to each recipient.

The Professional Version of Total Access Emailer lets you use VBA or a macro to launch email blasts. With a macro, Access can run it from a command line. That can be added to a scheduler. We also offer Total Visual Agent, a program that performs automated chores for Microsoft Access databases (running macros, compacting databases, backing up data, collecting statistics, etc.).

Free trials are available for both.

Upvote 0
If you are open to a commercial solution, our Total Access Emailer add-in program lets you send personalized emails to everyone in your list and attach reports as PDF files. You can't attach a report as an Excel file, but there's an option to attach a table/query as an Excel file. The reports/data can be filtered to each recipient.

The Professional Version of Total Access Emailer lets you use VBA or a macro to launch email blasts. With a macro, Access can run it from a command line. That can be added to a scheduler. We also offer Total Visual Agent, a program that performs automated chores for Microsoft Access databases (running macros, compacting databases, backing up data, collecting statistics, etc.).

Free trials are available for both.

Good to know - We don't too many systems that we maintain, but will keep you in mind. You're location is in close proximity to me....Arlington, VA :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good to know - We don't too many systems that we maintain, but will keep you in mind. You're location is in close proximity to me....Arlington, VA :)

Nice to connect with a neighbor on the Silver Line! :)

People have used our Total Access Emailer program in very powerful and strategic ways to leverage their huge investment in existing reports. They've also eliminated a lot of printing and postage with it.

All the best!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back