Convert Linked Table to Local Table in Access 2000?

JeffK627

Hello all, I need to copy a linked table as a local table in Access 2000. Yes, Access *2000*.

Please don't respond with "Why are you doing all the work of converting linked tables? Just use..." or similar, the answer is it's what I've been instructed to do by my manager and that's how he wants the task at hand done. As to why we're using Access 2000 - long story, legacy application, and I'm stuck with it, so answers that involve updating the version of Access won't help either.

Sorry to sound blunt, but I've found that saying this right off avoids 5 or 6 go-rounds explaining why I have to do it this way.

I found a solution online for Access 2003 that involved Copy/Pasting the table, but Access 2000 doesn't seem to have 2003's option to paste as a local table. Any help will be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
So, is the Access database that holds all the data tables currently also Access 2000?
If so, it may be easier to import all your other objects (Queries, Forms, Reports) into the database with all the Tables.

Another option would be to use a Make Table Queries to write all the records from you linked Tables to local Tables. However, if you have many tables, this will probably be a lot more work than the first option I presented.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back