Parameter Query

jim may

I am not familiar enough with Access to walk through this...

But I have created a simple query in Design view. Under the field MovementDate on the criteria row I've entered:

Between [Enter Start Date:] And [Enter End Date:] and his works FINE!

Now, I want to create another query further to this one where I "add" the parameter to filter on a specific piece of equipment
shown in another field of the same query (field name) EquipmentName. I'd like to when I run this new query have a combobox appear first allowing the user to Choose (from the CB) the single piece of equipment he wants to filter on. Once he selects one from the CB then the Between prompt would show. The end result would provide this single piece of equipment with all the records with a movement between start and end.

I have been googling, and I find "How to Articles" that are 6 pages long. Can this be reduced by someone in the forum down to one page of instructions?

Thanks in advance. Jim

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Alan, Thanks - I have view the video ONCE, I'll do it over until I've got it. Might get back to you later.
For now the only thing that confused me was when after he had completed inserting the "Like Forms!..." etc in the Criteria Row of the 5 fields
and he went back to the Search form -- he entered "geo" and ran the Query - and got what was expected. THEN, he added to the City box "New York" -- THEN INSTEAD OF pressing the Run Query -- He Pressed "Clear Parameters" - then Run Query... WHY did he press "Clear Parameters" before he pressed "Run Query"? Can you tell me why? Jim

Upvote 0
On my frmSearch1 I have a combobox named "cboEquip" with a current selection made.
In my txtStart I have 01/31/2013 and my txtEnd 12/31/2013.

When I run the query named qrySelectEquip I get error 3125 'qrySelectEquip' is not a valid name, or name is too long.

On my Criteria Row of my Query Named "qrySelectEquip"

Under my Field EquipmentName I have:
[Forms]![frmSearch1].[cboEquip]

Under my Field Movementdates I have:
Between [Forms!frmSearch1.txtStart] And [Forms!frmSearch1.txtEnd]

What to do, ho hummmmmm.

Thanks,

Jim

Upvote 0
Never mind on thread #4 - I got it solved. I made more use of the [ ]'s in my criteria. Yeah !!!

Upvote 0
Glad you got it. That was what my suggestion would have been.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back