Filter Report in Access 2013

sashapixie

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I created a report from a filtered table, however when I unfilter the table this applies the same filter to the report, I have check boxes in the report, what I want to do is filter the report based on the checked boxes, I am new to access, any help would be appreciated.

:)

You're welcome.

Yes, sometimes when making a bunch of changes to Data Sources or underlying fields in a Report, it works better just to rebuild the dang thing!

Glad you got it working.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I found an alternative route, change the Record Source Name to my query name under the report properties, works a treat and no need to re-format my report :)

Upvote 0
I found an alternative route, change the Record Source Name to my query name under the report properties, works a treat and no need to re-format my report
I apologize, that is what I was implying when I asked if you changed the Data Source in your Report. I probably should have described it in more detail what that actually entails, and not assumed that you knew what I was talking about.

Upvote 0
No problem your guidance got me there in the end, am I right in thinking if I want a report with a criteria of "Staff" and one for "Operative" both in my type field that I will need two separate queries to run the report from?

Upvote 0
am I right in thinking if I want a report with a criteria of "Staff" and one for "Operative" both in my type field that I will need two separate queries to run the report from?
It depends...

Do you want two separate reports? Or two separate sections on the same report?
You could also make your query a "Parameter Query", which means it asks for the criteria at run-time. So, whenever you open the Report it will ask you for the criteria. Then you could use the same report for both instances.

Upvote 0
Thanks, It was two separate reports, basically I have a button which opens the report in print preview I have one for Operatives and one for Staff, it sounds like I need to have the separate queries, which is cool as I have one input table for entering the info and the queries will do the rest in the background :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back