Converting calculated value into numeric value

psamu

I would appreciate someone help me on this. I have created a query using various fields and field called "GTPercent" with lot of calculation based on various factor, I got the percentage I want. But I just want make a table with that value I am getting an error message "Too many fields defined" although I am selecting that percentage value field and one another to make a table. Is there anyway to turnaround with this? Thanks

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Are both databases the same version of Access (2000, 2003, 2007, etc)?

By what method are you trying to Export the table?
Note that if you just go into your new Access database, you should be able to either link to or import the table directly from that Access database (External Data -> Import -> Access). Do you still have those issues if you try it that way?

Note, if it is the query you are looking for, you can link both tables to your other Access database, then use the same query code in your other database.

Upvote 0
I am using both 2010 version. I don't want to link the database instead make table or append data. Both are not working, it says "too may fields " I think because of lot of calculations. I just wonder any other way to do this. Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
I don't know that there is much more I can do. It sounds like that you have a rather complex database that may have some design issues. Without having access to the databases and understanding the structure and goals of each database and how they interact, I probably can't provide much more advice.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back