Access 2007 Multiple Control tip texts

AlexanderBB

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My form view is set to continuous and I'd like a text box control tip text that could be unique for every record.

Is that possible ? Hopes !!!

I'm also wondedring is the delay before it shows is adjustable ?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
My form view is set to continuous and I'd like a text box control tip text that could be unique for every record.

Is that possible ? Hopes !!!
Unfortunately the built in tool tip is designed to provide a tip to the user about the control in the form, not the data in the record.

You will have to use VBA code to do what you want.

I'm also wondedring is the delay before it shows is adjustable ?
There is not a way to control the delay for the control tip showing that I have seen.

Upvote 0
Thanks HiTechCoach. We have some idea for VBA... one thing I noticed in Form Design View (and not sure how it happened or what it was). A text box control
acquired a small coloured triangle shape in one of the corners. Similar to the comment indicator in Excel, and is what I hope to use it for - if it
can be displayed somehow. If yes, I would use the mouse over event to display a comment-like Form.

Upvote 0
Thanks HiTechCoach. We have some idea for VBA... one thing I noticed in Form Design View (and not sure how it happened or what it was). A text box control
acquired a small coloured triangle shape in one of the corners. Similar to the comment indicator in Excel, and is what I hope to use it for - if it
can be displayed somehow. If yes, I would use the mouse over event to display a comment-like Form.

In design mode of a form oe report , in the upper left corner of objects an indicator will appear where there is an errors with the object. Some you can click on the indicator to see the error message.

What are you wanting to display that could be unique for every record?

Upvote 0
I want some (not all) records to have a visual indication an Excel-like comment exists. Then as it's moused-over, show the comment (which will have to be a small popup Form I suppose).

Have just found I cannot have a image control... and Googling up on attachment fields. Is that the way to go ? Unclear if they'd work. But if it would enable a small grahic
like this
-- removed inline image ---
to each row, it'd be mission achieved.

Upvote 0
Oops, the graphic pasted in Ok while writing, but has gone now. It's a very small image that would fit on a row in continuous form mode.

Upvote 0
I link the way yu are thinking. I do agree this could add to a better UX.

It is not easy to to get an unbound controls to show for only certain records in a continuous form. This been an issue with Access continuous form mode for since I started with Access 2.0 (early 1990's)

I have some ideas. Let me see what I can do.

Post back soon...

Upvote 0
I've found something which will display the line number and contents of one field.

ContinuousFormsCurrentRowVer7.mdb

It need converting and one modification for the scrolling to work in Access 2007. which I have. It's more complicated than I can understand, but if it
could be altered to output any row number and column number the mouse is over, that could trigger a comment-like form (where required).

But you may be well on the way with something else, but if you to see this, I have it.

And many thanks for helping out..

Upvote 0
Can you provide a link to where you found the ContinuousFormsCurrentRowVer7.mdb?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back