Lookup in Table

CodenameAter

Hello,

I have one table that contains all my raw data that gets inputted into access. This data includes an RFID (a tracking number) that is assigned to a specific band. Similar relationships to a customer ID number and customer name.

When I attempt to lookup the "band" value in the table that includes all the bands and their respective RFID in my raw data table, it keeps coming out blank. I am new to access so I feel like I might be make a very rookie mistake on this but following a variety of tutorials online, I still haven't had any success.

I included three screenshots below. One is of the relationship that was automatically created when I followed many of the tutorials online. One is a sample of the scrub data (basically the raw data) and one of the bands & their RFIDs. As you can see in the scrub data, bands is empty however I want Access to lookup based on the RFID in both tables and fill in the appropriate band.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

https://app.box.com/s/e0nzww82wcazymjrel3hjxrq6pkxf8y4

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
So I solved my own issue.

Clearly a newbie mistake but I have to override my current RFID field with the band data. I was thinking in excel terms where I would, in a new row write something like =index(BandsArray,Match(Rfid,RfidArray,0).

So my question is how do I show both? Whenever I try to do this in the Lookup Wizard I still get blank values.

Upvote 0
For starters, you should not be using lookups in tables. They should be in Forms. Look at the following link

The Access Web - The Evils of Lookup Fields in Tables

You said for starters... was there a follow up? One question I have a table that importants and RFID ID # and I want to show beside that the Band ID from another table where the RFID ID # lines up with the Band ID, how do I do this if not through a lookup?

I can a query but I also want to make manual adjustment to my table with the RFID ID # but I require the bands since I don't identify the subjects based on their 10 digit RFID ID#. Frankly, all the ID #'s look almost identical with the slightest differences so it's almost impossible to tell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back