SYNC 2 Access Databases That Are Exactly The Same (but different folder locations)

nikimitsy

Board Regular
I please need some help. I have created a Access database (2013) and I have created another exactly same database in a different location. What i am trying to do is sync the the 2 database "Table3" with eachother after and update has been made.

Thanks for any insight

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
It depends. You back up your tables or db's before you try anything.
Does table1 contain records that are not in table2, but everything in table2 is in table1? If so, you should be able to create a query that appends all the records from 1 to 2. Any that violate the primary key will simply not be added. If you do not have a primary key, you will duplicate records.
If the answer to the question is no (tbl1 and tbl2 each contain records that are not in the other, then one approach would be to separately append tbl1 and tbl2 records into a new temp table. Then append these records back into ONE of the other tables after clearing it out. You could create an "unmatched records" query using the wizard, but I'm not sure what you'd do with the results as it will not tell you which table is missing which records.
However, if the records that are common between them are not identical, then you have a bigger problem. You will also need to perform an update query using one as the source and the other as the updated, but if you do not know which is the "master", then which ones values are you going to force upon the other? If this is going to be a recurring issue, you are doing something wrong or not doing something you should, or you are not using replication when you probably should be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back