Running query on startup

Bartk

Board Regular
Hello all,
Been a long time since I've posted something and apparently I've forgotten a bunch of stuff. Ok so here goes. I have a simple db setup and has been working flawlessly over the last coupe of years. However we recently got a new computer here and the file is placed on a network drive. So after got it setup and I'm running it again for the first time to ensure that it still works I'm getting a warning about the query running on startup and I know that it is ok to proceed with running it. I've tried the whole help button and I cannot seem to find out how to enable it to run all the time without me having to hit ok.

I've gone to the create and then hit the macro button to "hide" the notification when it runs. But it just dumps me into the macro page to where I have to design it. Any one who can help me out on this would be a complete life saver. Thanks and god bless

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Joe,
Thanks for that, I'm on a work computer and they have that locked down for some reason. Says I don't have the security access to do that. Do you know of any other ways to get that accomplished? Any help wold be appreciated. Thanks once again.

Upvote 0
How about creating a self-cert and signing the database, then trusting that signature?
See: https://support.office.com/en-my/ar...ignature-5f4ebff3-360d-4b61-b2f8-ce0dfb53adf6

The only other way I know of other than those two things is to lower the security level, which is definitely not recommended. And I imagine if your workplace has Trusted Locations locked down, they may have security levels locked as well anyway.

Upvote 0
Yep, still no luck. I might have to get with someone in our IT Dept. here and see what they can do for me. Thanks any ways.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back