Recipients of power pivots: can you block out the power window?

pete234

Since I just read the post about recipients needing the plug-in or sharepoint ---at 90 mb a bit more for IT to deal with and it took me 2 hours to get the upgrade working yes---is there a way to block the pv icon from showing? In code, in macro not sure but my end-users do not need to "use" power pivot, they just need to slice and dice as they are in sales and get confused and protest easily. A Verticalc plug-in sort of like Access had for non-users as I remember would be great MS.

So yes, they need to slice and dice but do not need to see the window and forbid the curious open it and hit refresh, I assume even more errors and a reason to reject the process. I guess that's the last time I don't read the fine print behind "available to distribute like normal Excel workbooks" ...but with limited functionality. What would be the point of distributing a flat non-interactive file? You could just paste it in a normal workbook if they just needed one set of results/data.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
You can certainly install the addin, then disable it. At that point, the engine is installed so slice and dice works fine (since disabling the addin does NOT disable the engine), but the PowerPivot ribbon tab won't show up at all.

Does that sound about right?

Upvote 0
thanks I will look into it should the cause arise.
For right now I'm assembling the data and then copying out to a regular workbook.
Not ideal but the relationships ties are what's keeping me interested.
Saves many vlookups and aligns some data very nicely.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back