Slicers feature missing in my PowerPivot 2013

BeepBeep

Hi All,

I have been using Microsoft Excel 2010 Pro Plus 32 bit. But recently, I shifted to Microsoft Excel 2013 Pro Plus 64 bit. Usually, I see six drop zones (Slicers Vertical, Slicers Horizontal, Report fIlter, Column labels, Row labels, Values) in the PowerPivot's Pivot table in Excel 2010.

But strangely in an Excel 2013 PowerPivot's Pivot table (please see it's not a regular Pivot table), I see both Slicers Vertical and Slicers Horizontal are missing. I tried on different databases done some research, but I did not get enough information on this.

What's wrong with my Excel? Am I using a different Excel version or different PowerPivot version or Didn't I turn on a setting to see my Slicer fields?

I think I am using the same default PowerPivot which comes with the Microsoft Office 2013 Pro Plus.

Please enlighten me on this. Thanks in advance.
BeepBeep

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
I think it is just 4 in 2013. To get a slicer just right click on the field and in the menu select slicer.

Upvote 0
Kazlik,

Thanks for the reply. If that's the case with Excel 2013, that's fine. But if something wrong with my Excel/PowerPivot version I have to look at that seriously. I think PowerPivot field options in Excel 2010 are more easier and intuitive, I have been searching for 6 drop zones for long a time shuttling between PowerPivot and Excel.

Anyways, Thanks for the reply.
BeepBeep

Upvote 0
@BeepBeep - It's a 2013 thing. I only have 4 drop zones as well. I agree, the 2010 interface was more intuitive. Hopefully the 2016 interface is better.

@Kazlik - Thanks for the right click trick. I was going to Insert -> Slicer on the Ribbon which is a more clicks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back