What is _xlfn.CUBESET?

L

Legacy 328066

I have a fairly complex (for me!) Excel 2013 spreadsheet using Power Query and Power Pivot to pull information from various SharePoint Lists, CSV files and OData feeds from other Excel spreadsheets to provide Actual vs Budget on the Maintenance Costs of the houses we have. (We are a Charity working with local Churches to house the homeless).

I am getting a constant error message when I refresh the Budget vs Actuals Pivot Table "Reference is not valid". The Pivot Table seems to be updating correctly however.

Using the ASAP Utilities (which I was pointed to by a post on here I think) I am using the Information / Create a List of all Range Names in Workbook and am getting an error reported thus:

Name Refers to
_xlfn.CUBESET =#NAME?

All the other Named Ranges in the workbook seem to be fine.

I have no idea what _xlfn.CUBESET is and my Google-fu has failed me in finding out :(

Can anybody give me some pointers as to where I can look to find where this is and whether it is safe to delete. I am assuming it is because the PivotTable seems to refresh quite happily even with the error!

Thanks.

Ian Watkins

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
_xlfn.CUBESET is the CUBESET worksheet function. You normally see this where you open a workbook in an earlier version of Excel that doesn't have a particular worksheet function. (e.g. IFERROR in 2003 may appear as _xlfn.IFERROR).

Upvote 0
Thanks.

Yes, I'd seen that as an explanation, but this workbook has only ever been opened in Excel 2013, so I discounted that as a reason.

Any ideas how I can delete it?

Upvote 0
Can you actually see the name in Name Manager? I'd guess that it's an issue with ASAP rather than the workbook?

Upvote 0
AIUI the ASAP utilities show Named Ranges that aren't displayed in Name Manager, so, no I can't see it in Name Manager.

Upvote 0
Which version of ASAP are you using?

Upvote 0
I downloaded it yesterday, so I guess the latest :)

About says: 5.5.1 (December 10, 2014).

It's the unregistered version as I work for a Charity.

Upvote 0
It's an issue with how the new formulas are stored internally. I added a simple =FORMULATEXT() function in a cell and then ran this code:
Code:
Sub foo()
    Dim nm As Name
    For Each nm In ActiveWorkbook.Names
        Debug.Print nm.Name, nm.RefersTo
    Next nm
End Sub

It reported an _xlfn.FORMULATEXT name referring to =#NAME? You can't delete it so I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

However, this *appears* to be giving me a "Reference is not valid" error. Perhaps it's not this then if you can add one and it doesn't cause a problem?

Hmmmm....

Where to go to now?

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Upvote 0
Do you have any charts in the workbook? They're the most common cause of that error message.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiz11713

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back