Holt Winter's Multiplicative Approach logic...

ArunS

Hello people,
I am a demand planning executive working for a beverage organization.
Am in the process of modalling a demand planning template.Having said that its always good to have a tool in place.However before such a tool is implemented,I would like to try the potential of powerpivot in peeparing a template.
Would like to know if there is a logical formula in PowerPivot Dax for Holt Winter's Multiplicative Statistical Approach.

BR,
ArunS

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I saw the post but I don't know anything about the Holt Winters stuff - hence I didn't reply originally. I know there is a new forecasting tool in Excel 2016 that I saw at PASS BA Conf this year

as for Power Pivot, I am sure it isn't a standard function, however if you know how to do it in Excel using standard formulas, then maybe it can be done. I just did some quick research, and noticed references to using XL solver , But I don't see any examples using Excel formulas. Do you know how to do it natively in Excel by chance? If so maybe you can send me a workbook and I'll take a look at the formulas, and then let you know if I think it's possible.

Upvote 0
Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for your response. I will be all the more glad to share with you my workbook. Can you please pm me your email id so that I can send you the file as an attachment. OR is it possible to attach and send you exclusively through this website.

BR,
ArunS

Upvote 0
By the way, Excelerator BI is a link in the previous reply. I wish links displayed better on this site :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back