A Quick Way to Make Relationships?

dcunningham

Board Regular
Hi Everyone,

Just starting out with Power BI and I have a question. I've got a large amount of data in a large number of tables in Excel which I've imported into Power BI. All these tables have a time column and another column that contains values for a specific measure. All these time values are formatted the same and are in the same increments (10 minutes). I'd like to use Power BI to compare different measures at certain times, but Power BI's auto-detect doesn't recognize that one "Time" column from one table is related to the time column of all the other tables.

I realize that I can manually tell Power BI that these columns are all related using the process outlined here, but this would be a long process and is rife with opportunity for me to make an error because of the number of tables I have. First I'd have to relate the time of Table 1 to the times of Tables 1-10, then the time of Table 2 to the time of Table and Tables 3-10. Does anyone know of a faster way to do this?

Thanks

Dan

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Upvote 0
Thank you ImkeF, I read through your post and it's what I was looking for. I thought that I might need to reformat my query/data somewhat.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back