Could not add the field "TotalStock" to the PivotTable because the formula is invalid.

sudi_arta

Please Help??

I have a project to make the analysis of inventory levels that could be displayed in the days and months .

With PowerPivot , I make the measurement as follows :
1 . Unit CP (Cost Price) = lookupvalue ( InventoryLevelUnitPrice [ Cost Price ] , InventoryLevelUnitPrice [ Item No. ] , lastnonblank ( InventoryLevel [ Item No. ] , 1 ) ) / 1000
explanation - > Cost Price of each item

2 . Inventory Qty = calculate ( sum ( InventoryLevel [ Qty ] ) , filter ( InventoryLevel , InventoryLevel [ Physical Date ] < = Lastdate ( Date_Table [ Date ] ) ) )
explanation - > Inventory Qty in accordance with the dates shown

3 . Out avg = calculate ( sum ( InventoryLevel [ Qty ] ) , filter ( InventoryLevel , and ( InventoryLevel [ Trans Type ] = 6 , InventoryLevel [ Receipt Status ] = 1 ) ) , filter ( InventoryLevel , and ( InventoryLevel [ Physical Date ] > Lastdate ( Date_Table [ Date ] ) - 90 , InventoryLevel [ Physical Date ] < = Lastdate ( Date_Table [ Date ] ) ) ) ) / 90
explanation - > Qty average consumed within 3 months from the date shown

4 . Total Inv per item = InventoryLevel [ CP unit ] * InventoryLevel [ Qty Inv ]

5 . Total avg per item = InventoryLevel [ CP unit ] * InventoryLevel [ Avg Out ​​]

In this project I am using Table Disconnected Date_Table to determine the date that is displayed

The problem that arises is when displaying measurement as follows :
- TotalInv = sumx ( distinct ( InventoryLevel [ Item No. ] ) , InventoryLevel [ Inv Qty ] * InventoryLevel [ Unit CP ] ) or
explanation - > Total value of all inventory items in accordance with the dates shown

- TotalAvg = sumx ( distinct ( InventoryLevel [ Item No. ] ) , InventoryLevel [ Avg Out ​​] * InventoryLevel [ Unit CP ] )
explanation - > Total average value of all the items that are consumed in the last 3 months from the date shown

The error appears as below

============================
Error Message:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
----------------------------

Could not add the field "TotalStock" to the PivotTable because the formula is invalid.

Call Stack:

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotTable.AddDataField(Object Field, Object Caption, Object Function)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.ExcelInterOpUtil.AddToDataFields(ICalculatedMember calculatedMember, Int32 positionIndex, Boolean isSpecialColumnBasedNamedSetPresent)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.ExcelInterOpUtil.AddToDataFields(ICalculatedMember calculatedMember, Int32 positionIndex, Boolean isSpecialColumnBasedNamedSetPresent)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.SetFieldOrientation(PivotArea location, IGeminiColumn column, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.SetFieldOrientation(PivotArea location, IGeminiColumn column, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.AddToFieldListInternal(PivotArea location, IGeminiColumn column, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.GeminiPivot.MoveField(IGeminiColumn column, PivotArea source, PivotArea target, Int32 positionIndex)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.FieldListControl.MoveFieldInternal(IGeminiColumn field, PivotArea sourceArea, PivotArea targetArea, Int32 targetIndex)

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Shouldn't it be

=calculate (
sum ( InventoryLevel [ Qty ] ) ,
filter ( InventoryLevel , ( InventoryLevel [ Trans Type ] = 6 ) && ( InventoryLevel [ Receipt Status ] = 1 ) ) ,
filter ( InventoryLevel , ( InventoryLevel [ Physical Date ] > Lastdate ( Date_Table [ Date ] ) - 90 ) && ( InventoryLevel [ Physical Date ] < = Lastdate ( Date_Table [ Date ] ) )
)
) / 90

i.e && not and

Upvote 0
TheBardd, Thank's for your reply.

The problem still exist... for DAX measurement TotalStock (instead TotalInv) or/and TotalAvg.

Please Help....

Upvote 0
On the "InventoryLevel" tab, are you hoping to see the same number across all items for both these equations?

For example: On 3/13/2014 - TotalInv = 14,115,455 & TotalAvg = 726,698 across every item?

Upvote 0
What formula did you try for TotalInv. Did you join the date table to InventoryLevel, it isn't joined in the example workbook?

Upvote 0
cnort21 : The existing value for grand total "Total Inv per Item" and "Total Avg Out per Item" are wrong.... So I need Dax formula to sum of the value "Total Inv per Item" and "Total Avg Out per Item", I was tried with DAX formula "TotalStock" and "TotalAvgOut" (exist on the PowerPivot field) but failed....

theBardd : Try to Insert Dax formula "TotalStock" and "TotalAvgOut" (exist on the PowerPivot field)... but failed....accordance with the above information, "In this project I am using Table Disconnected Date_Table to determine the date that is displayed"

Regards

Upvote 0
Those formula in your post are incomplete, I wanted to see what you tried and how it actually failed.

I can see you are using a disconnected date table, but I cannot see why you don't just connect them as InventoryLevel has a date, then you get automatic filtering.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back