New To Pivot Tables

Guzzlr

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have my pivot table, and when I hover over the field, I see the field area for that particular input. How do I get those words to show on the pivot table, so I dont have to hover over it?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Perhaps you could clarify exactly what you mean. What information do you want to appear and where?

Also, is this actually a question about PowerPivot or just regular pivot tables?

Upvote 0
just a regular pivot table. When I hover over the data inside the displayed pivot table (not the pivot table field list) a window appears stating where the data is located. My question is if excel allows this "hover information" to show in the pivot table, instead of just data numbers? Not sure how better to describe it. I do see where I can manually type it in as a new title, but that would take an enormous amount of time, and am hoping excel can display it automatically instead of hovering over each data input.

Upvote 0
OK, I've moved this out of the PowerPivot forum (which gets a lot less traffic).

If you mean the info about row/column items that the value relates to, isn't that already shown in the pivot?

Upvote 0
just a regular pivot table. When I hover over the data inside the displayed pivot table (not the pivot table field list) a window appears stating where the data is located. My question is if excel allows this "hover information" to show in the pivot table, instead of just data numbers? Not sure how better to describe it. I do see where I can manually type it in as a new title, but that would take an enormous amount of time, and am hoping excel can display it automatically instead of hovering over each data input.

just double click it.

Upvote 0
It is in the regular pivot, but with so many entries, it is hard to tell which number belongs to which entry because they dont line up...which is why I have to hover. I'll try double clicking like chrism216 suggested when I get to work tomorrow and report back.
Also, running excel 2010

Upvote 0
If you have 2010 you can opt to repeat the item labels so that they appear on every row of the table.

Upvote 0
just double click it.
When I click on the pivot, that brings up the "Pivot Table Field List" what I would like is to have excel state in the Row List what is listed when hovering over it, that way you need not hover, it is automatically written out. Kind of hard to describe.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back