Summing cell data based on date ranges?

THORmx

Hi,

I'm hoping to somehow to a date look back, from today(), looking back 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, and 365 days. Now, I have all the dates of respective flights in Column A. In Column F I have the total hours for the respective date. I'd somehow like it to basically look at today's date, compare to Column A, figure up to a date X amount of days prior, and add up that many cells from Column F.

Is this even remotely possible? It is helpful as we pilots have to have look backs on all those days when doing job apps and such, and this would simplify a TON for me!

Thanks in advance!
http://www.excelforum.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2415042

I think your post got cut off a little bit. Add 1 to the days back? Or 1 to the today() +1 - cell?

Do you think this would be easier or harder doing a monthly look back? Such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12 month look backs?

Thanks again for the help! Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Adding 1 to either days back or the TODAY bit would do the same. I'd do it to the Days back actually.

Upvote 0
James,

That works perfect! What I did was add 1, and then 2, etc. Basically making it 31 days every month! So 31, 62, 93, 124, 186, 366.

Man, it works perfect! You have NO IDEA how much time and effort you have saved me when it comes to adding up my flight times for those amounts of time and applying them to the resume.

You are a life saver! I have no idea what the code means, save for the today() and the cell selection, but thank you so so much!

Have a great day!

Upvote 0
If it helps you get a new job then I need to tell you now that I charge 10% commission.

Upvote 0
If it helps you get a new job then I need to tell you now that I charge 10% commission.

LOL :LOL:! Pilots do NOT make the money they used to:eek:! If I get a new job, I'll be taking **** near an $18000 USD pay cut!!!:mad:

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Just to add, this isn't for work, it's for personal use. It adds up my flight hours :).

Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back