conditional formatting for multiple cells

batjl9

Hello,
I have set up a VBA and from that I get Names in A1 to a20 and in b1, b20 etc I have the up to date number which is refreshed every 2 minutes numbers and saved into the next available cells (c1, d1 etc). Eventually there will be 20 - 30 players so data will be quite hard to read.

I have managed to set up conditional formatting so that if cells c1 to h1 are equal to b1 the colour is orange, if less then blue and greater than is green.
At present I can only do it so that it is always linked to b1, but I am wanting it so each cell is conditional formatted against the previous cell ie c1 is linked to b1, d1 to c1 etc. I can do this but only by setting each conditional format manually, so when I do have 20 players and inormation going up to cells BB it will be too much to carry out manually. is there a way to set something up so this can be set up automatically?

Thanks in advance
gemma

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back