Converting COUNTIF function for use in MSWorks Spreadsheet

Crazyted

Hello,
I've been searching the web looking for someone to help me convert a spreadsheet formula from an Excel spreadsheet for use in my Works 6.0 spreadsheet. The following formula is not recognized by works and I need something that will work...
=IF(COUNTIF(E3:R3,T3)>1,T3,MIN(W3:AJ3)+T3)
If anyone can help,,,please post away...

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
On 2002-09-26 23:13, Crazyted wrote:
Hello,
I've been searching the web looking for someone to help me convert a spreadsheet formula from an Excel spreadsheet for use in my Works 6.0 spreadsheet. The following formula is not recognized by works and I need something that will work...
If a=nyone can help,,,please post away...

It seems COUNTIF is not available in Works 6.0.

Try the following...

Insert a row after row 3.
In E4 enter and copy across:

=(E3=$T$3)+0

Now use

=IF(SUM(E4:R4)>1,T3,MIN(W3:AJ3)+T3)

instead of:

Upvote 0
OK,,I'm pretty new at all this formula stuff...there might be a problem. I have about 47 rows of info already. You say to add a row E4. I already have an E4 with another row of information...
Maybe it would be a good idea to explain the situation. This is a points tracking spreadsheet for a motorcycle racing series. We have fourteen races. The way we tally our year-end points is by getting rid of the two lowest scores for each rider. That's what this formula is doing is figuring out the second lowest score on the list. I already am using another formula for figuring out the lowest score and it is working fine. It's finding the second lowest score from the row that is giving me problems.

This message was edited by Crazyted on 2002-09-26 23:35

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-26 23:32, Crazyted wrote:
OK,,I'm pretty new at all this formula stuff...there might be a problem. I have about 47 rows of info already. You say to add a row E4. I already have an E4 with another row of information...
Maybe it would be a good idea to explain the situation. This is a points tracking spreadsheet for a motorcycle racing series. We have fourteen races. The way we tally our year-end points is by getting rid of the two lowest scores for each rider. That's what this formula is doing is figuring out the second lowest score on the list. I already am using another formula for figuring out the lowest score and it is working fine. It's finding the second lowest score from the row that is giving me problems.

This message was edited by Crazyted on 2002-09-26 23:35

Insert a new row before the current row 4 where you apply the SUM formula I suggested. You need to do this for each row of interest. This boils down to creating a help/ancillary row for each row of data to compensate for the absence of COUNTIF.

Upvote 0
Ok,,,looks like when I get back from DC on Monday I'll be adding 47 more rows of info...
Thanks a bunch for the help though....

Upvote 0
OK,,slight problem. It's not working when the two lowest scores are both zeros. It will skip all the zeros except the first one and then pick the next highest number. It's not working when the two lowest numbers are zeros.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back