copy rows from one sheet to another based on criteria

gr8trthanu

Board Regular
I have a main summary sheet entitled "freight summary" with thousands of line items

I have 30 other sheets entitled "a1", "B1", etc.
In the main summary sheet in column "L", I have various data (IE:A1,B1)that is the same name as the 30 sheets.

This is the kicker and if anyone has any idea how this can be done, it would be greatly appreciated.

When I select a command button, I need to have the system look at each row in column "L", copy the entire row into the spreadsheet that is
entitled the same as the data in column "L"

So if a row has "A1" in column "L" then that entire row should be copied from the main sheet, hilited green to signify it has been copied then moved to the next available row in the Sheet entitled "A1"

The data in the 30 sheets would need to start on row 5 as I already have some work previously placed in this section

Long winded, I'm sorry!! Just trying to give as much detail as I can
being trying all day!!
Thanks

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I have a main summary sheet entitled "freight summary" with thousands of line items

I have 30 other sheets entitled "a1", "B1", etc.
In the main summary sheet in column "L", I have various data (IE:A1,B1)that is the same name as the 30 sheets.

This is the kicker and if anyone has any idea how this can be done, it would be greatly appreciated.

When I select a command button, I need to have the system look at each row in column "L", copy the entire row into the spreadsheet that is
entitled the same as the data in column "L"

So if a row has "A1" in column "L" then that entire row should be copied from the main sheet, hilited green to signify it has been copied then moved to the next available row in the Sheet entitled "A1"

The data in the 30 sheets would need to start on row 5 as I already have some work previously placed in this section

Long winded, I'm sorry!! Just trying to give as much detail as I can
being trying all day!!
Thanks

Hello ! - So.. Do you want to copy data based on column headers or what the column contains ??

Upvote 0
I need to copy the data in each column into seperate sheets based on the data in column "L" for each sheet. I have the sheets made up with headers in them already with summaries above using formulas and code. Therefore when the code copies the data into the other sheets it will start on row 19.

thanks for reponding
greatly appreciated cause I don't have much hair left to pull out

Upvote 0
I need to copy the data in each column into seperate sheets based on the data in column "L" for each sheet. I have the sheets made up with headers in them already with summaries above using formulas and code. Therefore when the code copies the data into the other sheets it will start on row 19.

thanks for reponding
greatly appreciated cause I don't have much hair left to pull out

Could you please post an example so I can better understand what you want to do?

Upvote 0
I can't as the computer I use for internet connection doesn't have excel on it. I need to get it.

However I found some code that resembles somewhat what I want to do... here is the link

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259350

Basically the code should look at each row starting at row 19 in the detail sheet. If in row 20 column f has "J1" then the entire row 20 should be copied, hilited green, and pasted in a sheet in the same workbook entilted J1. Then it would continue down the sheet until the end copying and pasting rows based on the data in column f. The sheets have already been created.

thanks so much for taking some intyerest in my problem

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back