Sad News - Just_Jon

just_jon

Legend
I am just_jon's brother posting on his computer. If this is in an inappropriate area of the forum, I ask that a moderator move it to the correct location for me.

It is my sad duty to tell y'all that Jon passed away at 10:50 AM this morning after a long battle. Some of you may know he was a quadraplegic, having been paralyzed since a junior high football game in 1965. He had been in the hospital 11 out of the past 12 weeks and just wore out. Recently, he had been battling kidney failure, pulmonary failure and heart failure and it was a combination of those factors which took him this morning.

I know how much he enjoyed this forum and the people he met on it and I thank y'all today for giving him your friendship'

Thanks,
Jon's brother Rick

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Re: Sad News - Please Move If Posted Incorrectly

Condolences to just_jon's family.

In the early days of this forum, he and I regularly PM'd and/or emailed each other. I learned a great deal from him.

Rick

Please accept my condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I Newer had the opportunity to meet or have a help from John but he must have been a great man.
Condolence to his family.

That is so sad.

I had no idea about Jon's disability. He was made a MrExcel MVP long before I was and I always enjoyed/admired his contributions.

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Rick.

Sad news indeed, sorry to hear this and for your family's loss, but thank you for posting this to let us know. I did not know about Jon's personal history but appreciated his contributions to the Excel community. My condolences to you and all his family.

A friend he was. I'll miss Jon...

My condolences to the family.

My condolences to you and your family...

Rick

Very sad to hear this news. I think Jon had done quite a bit of his MrExcel posting before I joined the forum so I hadn't directly run across him in many threads. However, I have come across, and used, many of his suggestions when I have been searching the forum for answers. He was a great asset to this community.

Although it is sad news, I thank you for letting us know and hope that you and other family members can take some comfort from the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back