Electronic Cigarettes

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
I'll leave out brand names to avoid looking like I'm selling them myself.

Everyone either smokes or knows someone who does.

Personally, I've been a pack a day smoker for 23 years, untill almost 2 days ago.
Last week, I saw a commercial on TV for an electronic cigarette.
I was a little skeptical but definately intrigued.

After a little research (it's not hard to find info on the internet), they look like they are for real, so I ordered a Starter Kit.

Got it in the mail Monday, and I'll tell you what..In short, they work. I haven't had a regular cigarette now for 43 hours. And it's not even a struggle, I actually do not want a regular cigarette anymore. These things actually simulate smoking very very well.

Everyone knows that cigarettes are bad for you. They have like 4000 known chemicales, about 80 of which are known to cause cancer. Plus emphazema and all kinds of other stuff. All the medical societies claim they kill some 400,000 Americans every year (millions worldwide).

Now these Electronic Cigarettes do not contain any of that extra crap that they put in regular cigarettes. They are basically water, nicotine and flavorings. There's something like 20 ingredients, varying from one brand to the next. NONE of which have been found to cause cancer.

They work by heating up a liquid that contains nicotine and flavorings. That turns the liquid into a Water Vapor that you inhale. Yes, it's a WATER vapor. It's not smoke, there is no fire.

Yes it still contains nicotine, so it's definately not for children or non smokers. But if you (or someone you know) smokes, then this is a far better alternate method to get your nicotine. And not just the nicotine, the habitual routine of smoking. Hand to mouth, inhaling. That's why the patches and gums don't work, they don't satisfy that part of the addiction. No one seems to understand that it's more than just the nicotine we are addicted to. These electronic cigarettes definately give you ALL of the smoking experience, without all the crap in a cigarette.

Anyway, I just wanted to get this out there, I truely believe these to be life changing/saving devices. They work.
I didn't mention any brands, because you should do your own research. There are tons of brands and styles out there (even pipes).

I will say this though, avoid anything that offers a Free Trial. Because of coarse there are some scams out there, and that seems to be the number one telltale sign of a scam.

Just search google for Ecig or Electronic Cigarette.
There is a good forum I've become a member of under the same username.
Called ECF - I won't give a link, again I'm not selling anything. But it's ECF, easy to find.

Please, If just one person reads this and gives them a try I will be happy.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
So, does this mean now you can "smoke" in your office? In a bar? On a plane?

That's kind of a grey area...

Technically (at least in the US), the Ban is on Tobacco Smoke.
So in theory yes, you can smoke (we call it Vaping now) anywhere.
It's just water vapor, not smoke.There are no harmfull chemicals in the vapor that comes out.

But business owners/employers still have the right to say no.
But you're not breaking any laws.
I've read in forums that some have actually Vaped on a plane without incedent, other than the inevitable "What is that?", and ensuing explaination.

The general consensus is about 50/50, some places are cool with it, some not.

But the great thing is, there is no lingering smell.
There is an odor to the Vapor, but it evaporates (it's water) in just a few seconds.
And most people (even non and ex smokers) say it actually smells good.

So I can now smoke (vape) in my house and my car, without my wife being disgusted by it.
And I don't smell like smoke myself, so my wife is quite a bit more .... um....you know..

Last edited:
Ever since the "Smoking Ban" for bars went in effect here, they have been popping up!! One of the poker rooms actually sells them. I think they get a good deal buying in bulk and so they only change around $10 as opposed to $16 online. Anyway, that's what I was told!!
lenze

I've heard many a similar tale Lenze. And those "disposables" that they sell are a decent way to try them out. Kinda like buying a calling card at a convenience store instead of paying for long distance service with your telephone company.

Oh, and yes. I'm Vaping in my office right now...:biggrin:
But, there isn't anyone else in my office...so it's not a big deal anyway.

Probably a good thing I quit smoking five<sup>?</sup> years ago. If these had been around then I probably never would have quit.

I'm gonna give them a go! I really must quit... Been threatening it for ages... Thanks Jon

Excellent Jon.

Heck with it, I'm giving a link. A couple moderators have already replied, so I think the content of the thread is fine...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
I'm there under the same username.

Seriously, do some research cuz there are tons of brands and styles (stay away from "Free Trials")
I ended up with one of the brands most people there are dissapointed in.
But it still works for me

There are no bad ways to stop smoking, apart from getting hit by the bus i guess! As an ex smoker from the milenium new years resolution, i would say if there's an easy way to stop then that would be on the market and a best-selller at that. My 40 a day addiction, meant the 16 hours i was awake I was without a cigarette for less than half an hour. In fact it was an average of 1 smoke for every 24 minutes. There were some days i smoked 60. Both my parents smoked so i "grew" into it, but the day my mother got cancer was the day i suddenly lost my will to remain a smoker.

She's been passed away a few years now.

You will only stop when you actually want to stop, when you learn to despise cigarettes and when the reasons for living a healthier life far out-weigh any weakness on your own part. in that i mean kids leaving you behind on walks...you know the things

...A couple moderators have already replied, so I think the content of the thread is fine...

(a) It's not like this is your first post on the forum. ;) So we know it ain't spam.

And (b) I guess I would want to make it perfectly clear that NOBODY here is suggesting these are a good idea unless you were already a nicotine addict (smoker or chewer) and are looking for alternative ways to get your fix.

As an ex-smoker I will tell you that there is no more miserable feeling than feeling like a junkie. Heaven forbid you should leave the office without enough smokes to make it through the day or forget your lighter. If you do, you must stop by a gas station or convenience store on the way to work and get your fix for the day; going the day without it is almost unthinkable.

So if you're a young adult or a minor reading this thread, I cannot say strongly enough how many thousands of times I regretted ever listening to my "friend" who talked me into trying cigarettes for the first time. The path to nicotine addiction is really friggin' short on stinky, smelly normal cigarettes. :eek: I'd tell you that you'd be better off taking some hundred dollar bills and lighting them on fire than ever even trying nicotine. For every one guy that tries it and walks away there are Lord only knows how many that try it and get hooked. I tried it "just this once" and it took me about eighteen years to quit for good.

OK, enough preachin'.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back