Conditional formatting

Stefan22

Hi,

I'm comparing data from two columns using "data bars".The problem is that what i see does not reflect the reallity,f.e. comparing 6 and 4 resulting in the same bar width as with 9 and 1.To solve this i'm seting the values myself,the shortest bar to 0 and the longest to 10 and it works fine that way.But it's almost impossible to do it manually with over 100 records.
Maybe i'm overlooking some simple option which could resolve this?

And the second thing that bothers me concerned data bars as well.Is there any option that could change the bars' colour based on the cell value?In above example if cell value is 1-4 then bar would turn red,5-7 blue and so on...Is it possible in excel 2007?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Select ALL the cells with the conditional formatting and set the longest/shortest bar lengths for all of them at once. Don't forget the columns should be the same width too.

Upvote 0
Select ALL the cells with the conditional formatting and set the longest/shortest bar lengths for all of them at once. Don't forget the columns should be the same width too.

I know what you mean but it can't be done because the longest bar will be different in most cases,it depends on the sum of two cells which are compered.The shortest one is not the problem,will always be zero.

Upvote 0
Can you explain what your sheet looks like? I don't really know what you need. Perhaps a screenshot would be useful?

Upvote 0
Can you explain what your sheet looks like? I don't really know what you need. Perhaps a screenshot would be useful?

A1-B5 is without setting shortest bar/longest bar value
A7-B11 shortest=0,longest=10

Here the sum is always 10 and it's easy but its more complicated to do that with actual sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back