Loading embedded data issue with PowerPivot & Excel 2010

kspreche

I'm having a recurring issue with loading my embedded PowerPivot data in Excel 2010.

Upon loading my workbook, which is a series of worksheets with PivotTables tied to embedded PowerPivot data, the workbook begins trying to read the data, only to end in an error message: "Embedded Analysis Services Engine: Could not load embedded PowerPivot data." This message repeats itself.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>
embeddeddata1.jpg
</o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
Excel next prompts me: "The embedded PowerPivot data is corrupt. You have the following options: Do nothing; Attempt to recover the structure of the PowerPivot data; Delete the PowerPivot data and continue using the workbook."

seconderror.jpg

I chose the second option, which recovers the structure of the data but leaves all the data out. Thus, every time I open the workbook, I have to reload all the data all over again. I have a total of five tabs of data: four from linked external Excel workbooks, and one with a linked table from the very workbook that has the embedded Power Pivot.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
How do I fix the embedded data so it loads correctly? :confused:

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hi,

I had to struggle with this for 3 hours yesterday! Finally found the link below and with some toggling between the PowerPivot window and Excel if finally became stable. Looks like it's definitely an issue with the Vertipaq data compression engine but this seems to be stabilizing it for my project. I'm running some tests between PP and a standard Access database (pre-Access 2007 too) so there shouldn't be this kind of a problem. I shudder to think what a client would think of this kind of workaround though.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2025669

Upvote 0
I'm getting the same error as the original gentleman in this thread. It's not the Vertipaq error mentioned later. Is there any resolution you've found?

Upvote 0
Hi folks,

I'm a member of the PowerPivot team and if you guys are still getting these issues, I would love to get a handle on your corrupt files if possible.

If you're willing, my email address is ashvini.sharma at microsoft dot com.

regards

Upvote 0
Hi Ashani,

I'm still having this issue and sent you an email about it. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on here. I'm working on a project for a potential full-time job so this is very important to me to get it right.

The source data are Excel files and I'm getting the standard error messages ("The Embedded PowerPivot data is corrupt" and "Unable to load the VertiPaq Engine"). This happens if I link to the source or if I just copy and paste directly into PowerPivot.

My only thought now is that there is something about the data or headers in the first row that are causing PowerPivot to hiccup. Any thoughts on this or, better yet, to work with me on a solution would be immensely appreciated.

Jeff Stevens

Upvote 0
after a few days of fighting with this error we realized that Trend Micro Internet Security was the culprit. Disabling real-time protection helped in our case.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back