Help Writing Macros for Office Home and Business 2010

ivoryresearch

I need some help doing the following:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I have Office Home and Business 2010, this is the version without Access, and I want to create a small macro that is triggered by clicking a floating button that only appears for cells in certain columns that have been predetermined in the macro. I also want to create a second macro that can search the results that the first macro with create, by clicking a button that is at the top of the column where the title of the column would appear, in the first cell of the column.<o:p></o:p>
The macros have to perform the following functions:<o:p></o:p>
Display a form that allows a date to be picked and a free text comment to be entered. Either above or below these input fields display previous dates and comments that have been entered for the cell on that line.<o:p></o:p>
Each line of the work sheet begins with a unique order number and the transaction generated need to be stored in a separate worksheet with one line for each order number, date, cell, comment combination. <o:p></o:p>
This new work sheet then needs to be searched by another macro, which resides at the top of the column in the active work sheet that can return lines in the active worksheet base on the section criteria in the macro, looking at the date, comment transactions stored in the other work sheet.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back