Help! Need to Count up to a maximum number, and multiple by price

JzLim

Hi there,

I need some help with a formula, been trying to figure this out but can't seem to get it right (Preferably no VBA).

Tickets.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I need to calculate the expected revenue of ticket sales. Few things to note:
1.) Ticket sales start from cheapest to most expensive so once the $200 one is sold out, the $300 tickets will be on sale next.
2.) Expected sales is 80% of the total number of tickets.

Is there a way to calculate this via a single formula?
So if my expected sales of 225 (Event A), it would count up till the $700 price point with 4 tickets sold at said price point. Hence, expected revenue would be tickets sold (number) x price it was sold at ($).

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
See if this gives the expected results, must be array confirmed with Ctrl Shift Enter.

PHP:
=SUMPRODUCT(OFFSET(C$11,,,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14),1),OFFSET($B$11,,,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14),1))+((C$14-SUM(OFFSET(C$11,,,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14))))*OFFSET($B$11,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14),0))

Upvote 0
See if this gives the expected results, must be array confirmed with Ctrl Shift Enter.

PHP:
=SUMPRODUCT(OFFSET(C$11,,,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14),1),OFFSET($B$11,,,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14),1))+((C$14-SUM(OFFSET(C$11,,,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14))))*OFFSET($B$11,-MATCH(FALSE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C$11,,,-ROW(C$1:C$10),1))>C$14),0))

There is an error when i try to confirm the array with CSE, can't seem to get it to work!

Upvote 0
Might have been a copy error, see if it works from this one,

Excel Workbook
C
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Redid it (removed the spaces) and it worked! Cept that the value for the first Event was off by $140, any idea why?
Actual value: $97,000
Value returned: $96,860

This only happened to column C, Event A. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Where did you remove spaces from? I can't see any in either formula :confused:

Have you changed any of the ranges or moved the data to different rows? I get 97,000 for column C, not sure why your result should be any different.

Upvote 0
My bad, copied some "Spaces" when I was copy pasting the formula :rolleyes:

Going to double check it soon, will update here when done!

Upvote 0
I found the problem, my columns were set to zero decimal places, the expected sales of 225 was actually (224.8) ruining the expected revenue. Formula works like a charm! Many thanks :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back