In conjunction with the University of Akron, MrExcel offers a variety of Power Excel seminars that help you learn Microsoft Excel.
Excel Seminar Desciptions:
Power Excel (hands-on course)
While every class is customized on the fly to the needs of the attendees, the following topics are included:
These one-day courses at the University of Akron are hands-on and are jam packed with advanced Excel techniques.
Power Macros for Excel - Spend a 7 hour day getting up the learning curve with macros for Excel. Walk through the first half of VBA & Macros for Microsoft Excel. Learn why the macro recorder doesn’t work and how to turn recorded code into useful macros. This is a hands-on course.
- Amazing chart secrets
- AutoFill, Autoformat & Styles (did you know you can fill weekdays?)
- Worksheets, Workbooks, and Workspaces
- Cell References - handling relative vs. absolute
- Data Analysis - Sorting, AutoFilter, Copying Filtered Records, Subtotals, Consolidation
- Pivot Tables - Excel's strongest feature
- Formulas and Functions - IF(), VLOOKUP(), CountIF, CSE,
- Conditional Formatting, In-cell dropdowns, Goal Seeking
- Recording your first macro
Unleash the Power of Excel - this new class is an action-packed seminar where you will see MrExcel demonstrate the most popular and powerful features from his Power Seminar. Every participant will receive a free copy of Learn Excel from MrExcel, a $40 value. This is a lecture-based seminar.
Excel Pivot Table Data Crunching - A special class that explores every facet of Excel’s most powerful feature, pivot tables.
Comments from Attendees
How to Get Here
The University of Akron is located in downtown Akron, Ohio within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza at Quaker Square - where you can sleep in a silo - all of the rooms are round as the hotel was built in the old Quaker Oats factory. Check for flights to the Akron-Canton Airport (CAK). Fly in the night before the seminar, and book any flight out after 4:30 PM from CAK. Catch a free ride from the University to CAK after the course with MrExcel. You can catch a direct flight to CAK from LaGuardia, O'Hare, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Detroit, Boston, or Atlanta. If you are elsewhere, Cleveland Hopkins August 3, Airport (CLE) is about 49 minutes from the University.
- I have learned more with this class than the 12+ years of working in Lotus and Excel.
- Best computer class I've taken, anywhere, anytime.
- Excellent! Would recommend it to everyone. Bill is great.
- The best class on Excel ever. Can't wait to try concepts. Instructor was an obvious expert.
- Very easy to relate to business topics in the real world.
- You have saved me hours at work
- Good course - short, sweet, and to the point
- A power class that was actually helpful - learned advanced concepts that I came for!
- Instructor was knowledgeable and a good speaker
- Excellent instructor willing to stop and assist if needed.
- Relayed topic in easy to understand manner
- Very knowledgeable - pleasant demeanor.
- Very helpful - answered outside questions.
Power Excel will be offered on Monday - February 15 and March 15 of 2010.
Power Macros for Excel will be offered on Monday, April 19 of 2010.
To register, visit The University of Akron.
Don’t forget, in addition to this Power Excel Training, MrExcel offers a variety of other half or full day Excel training seminars!
Excel classes for Scientists:
||Dr. Gerry Verschuuren is available for consulting and East Coast training based on his Excel for Scientists and Excel 2007 for Scientists and Engineers books. For more information visit www.genesispc.com.